Tourist Day Pass In Hong Kong

Yesterday I went to Ngong Ping 360 for the cable car ride and to see the gigantic Tian Tan Buddha Statue and Po Lin Monastery. After the very nice trip, I decided to buy a Tourist Day Pass at the MTR. This gave me an unlimited travel on MTR (except Airport Express, Light Rail, MTR Bus, East Rail Line First Class, Lo Wu and Lok Ma Chau stations) for 1 day or 24 consecutive hours starting from the recorded entry time of the first journey.

What I didn't know was that the Tourist Day Pass came with several freebies! I got a HK$20 discount on participating outlets at Maritime Square at Tsing Yi Station. I chose to use my HK$20 discount at McDonald's. I bought a McDo Quarter Pounder with Cheese and 6-pc Mc Nuggets and paid only HK$8!

There was also an option to use the same coupon at the mall on Kowloon station.

There's also another coupon for Elements worth HK$50! And I bought the Tourist Day Pass for only HK$55.00!

What saddened me was when I found discount coupons for the Cable Car Ride or A Day of Enlightenment Tour at Ngong Ping 360 and discount coupons for its trademark souvenirs! There's also discount coupons for Wet Lands and Ocean Park.

If you plan to go around Hong Kong, try using the Tourist Day Pass and be surprised at the freebies you will get. Just make your passport handy because they require a foreign passport when claiming or redeeming discount coupons.

Comments

Post a Comment